Friday, January 15, 2016

Wrapping up the Gift-A-Long

The fabulous Indie Gift-A-Long ended at the close of 2015, but I've delayed my wrap-up post as I was still knitting my final project! Now that it's finished, blocked, and photographed at last, here we go...

My two GAL projects were tubular cowls for a pair of special people who are wintering in Berlin this year (and could probably do with some cosy neck-warmers about now):



The silver-and-black cowl is a simple striped stockinette number which I hope will be extremely wearable. The pattern is Preserving Life by fellow NZ designer Kelly Brooker, and the yarn is Bohemia Sport in 'Fog' and 'Leadlight'. This was a great tv/travel project, with its long stretches of plain knitting.

The silver-and-turquoise cowl was a little more involved, but the short sequences of each colour were easy to memorise, and the changing patterns kept my interest up. The pattern is Elektrocute by Emma Welford, and the yarn is Bohemia Sport again in 'Fog' and 'Tarnished' - don't these colours look great together?


If you're a Ravelry member, you can see all the GAL projects that people made using my patterns: Eleven finished projects! I'm thrilled that my Beeswax designs were so popular. :)

Another cool highlight was being interviewed by another designer on her blog, RocketBoy Knits. Jennifer came up with some really cool questions: Indie Gift-A-Long Designer Interview - Amy van de Laar of Baroque Purls

Annnnnnd, I had a really lovely surprise after the GAL ended: I actually won one of the prizes for finishing a project before the deadline, and so a skein of Malabrigo yarn is on its way to me. :)

So that's that! I hope you'll join us for the next GAL - keep your eyes peeled in early November.

No comments:

Post a Comment